Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Crazy, y'all

This nurse is indeed crossed!!  Our census at our nursing facility is absolutely dismal.  We have 20 empty beds.  The hospitals in the area are seriously empty--that's usual for the end of  summer, people put off elective surgeries til fall,etc.  But..this is the lowest we've been in the 5 years I've worked here.  Pray it picks up soon!  On the other hand.......more stitching time!  We're encouraged to take extra time off, and I'm obliging this week. I'm going to try my hand at "Highland Garden" by Keslyn's.  I just fell in love with it, and, even tho there's not one cross stitch on it, I must go for it.  Kind of like an Oreo. Know what I mean?  It fills me with such joy to rush out to the mailbox in anticipation of the nice, neat fabrics and threads for a new creation.  As I drool my way back up the drive and into the house, the cat greets me with a shake of the little kitty head and a roll of the little kitty eyes.  She doesn't get it.  Like I don't get catnip. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your census picks up soon. I know with unemployment being so high, many have lost their insurance and are going without medical care.

    Enjoy your stitching time. Can't wait to see your progress on Highland Garden.

    ReplyDelete